The Decision Support Tool is an online tool that supports farmers in their exploration of new short food supply chain (SFSC) business models and sales channels.
- Receive recommendations about the most suitable business models and sales channels based on your own information as well as country and regional specific background information.
- Evaluate environmental, social and economic impacts of different sales channels.
You must be logged in to view the tool.
Business models and sales channels considered in the analysis:
- Community Supported Agriculture (CSA)
- CSA – Trade of working hours for products
- CSA – Annual subscription & Delivery
- On-Farm Shops
- Farmers’ Markets
- Online Trade
- Online Sales on Demand Delivery by Post
- Online Sales Subscription & Direct Delivery
- Retail Trade
- Retail Stores (e.g. supermarket highlighting origin)
- Improved Logistics
Sustainability impacts of sales channels are evaluated based on secondary data about sustainability. The indicators used to compare the sustainability of different sales channels:
- Environmental impact: Carbon Footprint
- Social impact: Labour to Produce Ratio, Gender Equality, Closeness of Consumer Contact
- Economic Impact: Sales Volume, Price Premium, Chain Added Value